OE continues to be disconnected

TommyRed 13:46 28 Nov 03

I thought this had been resolved yesterday but alas no, when I'm in IE and then go into OE from the quicklaunch toolbar I get disconnected from the Internet. Any idea why? My OS is XP Home. Thanks TR

johnnyrocker 13:56 28 Nov 03

check toools/internet options/settings and is there a tick in disc when may not be needed or the idle option if so untick and re boot

johnny.

TommyRed 14:08 28 Nov 03

Is this in IE or OE, as there are no Internet options in OE and no links like you've stated. Could you give me the exact wording if it's not to much trouble. Cheers TR

smegs 14:14 28 Nov 03

In OE.

TommyRed 14:19 28 Nov 03

There is no tab called settings under Tools>Options in OE! TR

Diodorus Siculus 14:21 28 Nov 03

Also check what dial up connection is set for collecting email from OE. If it is not the one that you specify, it may hang up and try to dial another. Somewhere in options, there is a command to pick up mail using a specified connection - it that one is not available, it will hang up the one that is connected. Sorry I cannot be more specific; I don't use OE but remember this from when I did some years ago.

smegs 14:23 28 Nov 03

Open OE. Click on Tools, top of page. Click on Options. Goto the Connections Tab. Make sure the Hang up after Sending/Receiving is unticked.

TommyRed 14:33 28 Nov 03

That box was unticked. TR

Diodorus Siculus 14:37 28 Nov 03

Try tools_accounts_properties_connections and see what options are ticked there.

smegs 14:38 28 Nov 03

When U open the Connection window in tools, on the General Tab U have a drop down tab with 3 choices. Make sure its on "Connect only when not working offline". If that doesn't work, I don't know. Sorry.

TommyRed 15:13 28 Nov 03

There was a section 'always connect to this account using' this had to be checked and my ISP selected from the drop-down box. All seems to be working fine now, thanks to everyone. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…