OE connected but cannot receive mails

palinka 23:01 25 Feb 04

Friend said he hadn't been able to receive emails for several weeks; thought I'd solved it by pointing out he was not putting his new phone securely back "on the hook" especially as next day he suddenly was able to receive and a stack of mails came flooding in.

But it seems problem is not solved: tonight I've tried on his computer to dial up (Tiscali pay-as-you-go account); it connects, says "you are now connected", but when click on send and receive there's an error message that the server has disconnected - "this may be due to inactivity...blah, blah" which is clearly not the case. Any solutions, please?

TBH1 23:09 25 Feb 04

give this an hour or two, mate - - -appears tiscali have bean having problems tonight, may have something/everything to do with it.

Border View 23:22 25 Feb 04

Also having same problems. As TBH1 said we shall have to wait a couple of hours. Even though its been out of action for over six hours now.

Meshuga 07:19 26 Feb 04

palinka, tiscali has been having problems for days
with the server cutting off connection. If U go to tiscali home page and click on "service status"
right at bottom of page you will see reports of problem.Meshuga.

palinka 08:10 26 Feb 04

thanks, everyone. I didn't know about tiscali's problems - I use Freeserve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…