OE compacting emails

stonehills 16:19 21 Nov 06

We are running outlook express version 6.

We got this message:

"To free up disc space Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take a few minutes" OK/Cancel"

We clicked OK and now all previous emails appear to have disappeared. The Inbox folder is now empty.

Can anybody tell us where to find them!

Jackcoms 16:23 21 Nov 06

Most odd!

In fact the process of compacting e-mails in Outlook Express is simply to save HDD space and actually delete the 'deleted' e-mails from the PC.

In the first instance, try System Restore.

stonehills 17:07 21 Nov 06

Thanks Jackcoms,

Tried doing system restore but the emails inbox remains in its present state ie just the two emails we recieved today.

As you say "Most Odd"

anniesboy68 17:11 21 Nov 06

Jackcom

In fact the process of compacting e-mails in Outlook Express is simply to save HDD space and actually delete the 'deleted' e-mails from the PC.

surely you mean NOT to actually delete mails from O E!!

Lettervanman 17:28 21 Nov 06

I think that he meant it would clear the contents of the deleted folder. I don't think happens on mine.

VoG II 17:28 21 Nov 06

No - to actually delete deleted mails. Deleted mails are not actually deleted until you compact the folders.

VoG II 17:30 21 Nov 06

See also click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…