OE can't load msoe.dll

The Potter 20:18 24 Feb 03

Please help! Outlook Express (V5) on my computer at work won't open as it can't load msoe.dll. msoe.dll is in the OE folder and I've reloaded WIN 98 as advised by our computer expert but it still won't load. I connect to email via a network (if this is helpful info).

It originally stopped working after I removed programs using the add/remove software box, I didn't think this could harm anything that I couldn't reload if necessary.

All responses gratefully received!

Dormouse

The Potter 20:20 24 Feb 03

(Opps, The Potter, not Dormouse!)

JoeC 20:31 24 Feb 03
  JoeC 20:37 24 Feb 03
  The Potter 20:40 24 Feb 03

Thanks JoeC, but I'm not sure that's it (although I will check it out when I get to work). The message I get specifically states the OE can't open(?) because it can't LOAD msoe.dll. It doesn't give any reasons why.

JoeC 20:44 24 Feb 03

click here***/*/**.asp

JoeC 20:45 24 Feb 03
  The Potter 20:48 24 Feb 03

Thanks for the 2nd link which came up after I posted mine! That looks like the solution although I'm not going to risk touching the registry files on my work computer! Thanks for the links though, I guess I'll have to call the 'expert' back in :(

The Potter 21:14 24 Feb 03

You're a star JoeC, I was just reading that very article when I refreshed this page. I'm sure it's the answer but as mentioned, I'm not going to touch the registry of my machine at work.

(I was given a free computer today to practice on (taking apart etc), maybe I'll replicate the problem just so I get the experience of fixing it!)

Many thanks.

The Potter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…