OE attached picture in message body

beeuuem 22:54 06 Apr 03

Why does an attached picture show in the message body? I don't often send pictures and this is an annoyance rather than a problem. Send pictures with message is unchecked in Tools>Options>Send > html settings. Using OE6 - Win 98SE
I have a horrible feeling that I should know the answer to this.

woodchip 22:58 06 Apr 03

Do not know but it seem's that's how it works

monkeyshine 22:59 06 Apr 03

If you find the answer let us know!

March Hare 23:22 06 Apr 03

I asked the same question a little while ago.

click here

A few suggestions in that thread. The Zip one was the only one that worked for me.

beeuuem 23:45 06 Apr 03

Thanks for that link (I did do a search before posting - honest!)
It apppears that OE recognises any common graphic format and automatically inserts the picture. Changing the file extension to anything else prevents the picture being included, I sent a gif picture with the extension changed to .abc and changed it back on receipt. Hardly practical for everyday use know, though it does reduce the size of the mail message. Zipping seems a more sensible approach.
Thanks to all for your speedy replies.

anchor 09:25 07 Apr 03

It seems that if you receive a picture on OE6, it will display the picture, and also show it as an attchment.

However, if you receive the picture in Outlook, it only shows the attachment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…