OE 6 - odd behaviour ?

greybeard 12:12 07 Nov 09

You may want to take a pinch of salt with this, as I haven't yet seen it happen, it has only been reported to me, albeit several times.
Outlook Express 6, running in XP pro - a newly received email, when single clicked on, immediately goes to the delete box instead of opening.
If the mail has been left until the next time OE is loaded before an attempt is made to open it, it behaves normally.
If anyone has come across anything like this, or can come up with an explanation of how to stop it happening, I'd be most grateful, especially if I have the know-how before I have to go and see the owner ;)

John

howard64 12:24 07 Nov 09

I believe there are filter settings in oe for sorting emails into folders. If this has been mistakenly set to send to delete this might explain it but not why it does not later.

greybeard 10:24 16 Dec 09

I spent some time with the owner trying to duplicate what she reported, all to no avail, so I'm resolving this as operator error ;)
John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…