OE 6 - Mail accounts details Backup

MH51 12:20 05 May 03

How can I back up all my mail accounts setting for Outlook Express 6 so that i do not have to enter the details everytime OE need restoring. I do not need to back up any of my messages. I use Win XP pro SP1

Any help will do. Thanks MH

hugh-265156 12:30 05 May 03

not the best way but i find it easy to copy and paste the settings in the tools/accounts/properties/general&servers into a wordpad for ref.then just copy back if needed.

beeuuem 12:41 05 May 03

If you go to Tools> Accounts in OE, highlight the account and select 'Export' the settings are saved as '.iaf' files. You can save these wherever you wish,floppy etc. Repeat for each accountif, like me,you have more than one.
Should you have to restore OE go to Tools > Accounts and you can Import the settings from the saved file(s).

MH51 12:54 05 May 03

beeuuem, Thanks for your tip. Yes it has worked.

Thank you all who gave me various tips

Foolsbane_1 13:46 05 May 03

I have been using a program called LiveRepair Express Backup. It is still in the beta stage but I have found that is works perfectly. It is free, so it may be worth a try.

click here

MH51 20:57 06 May 03

Thanks Foolsbane_1.
I have also found for Outlook Express a Freebie Backup For Versions 5.0 and Greater and also may be worth a try for other readers

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…