Odd Windows XP problem, can anyone solve?

Gaz 25 11:05 19 May 03

This is really odd, can you help me solve this problem, I have repaired XP with no luck.

When I set the windows XP start menu items in the right side:

My Documents >
My Pictures >
My Music >
My Computer >

As set to display as menu rather than link, the My Documents some times changes back to display as link, why is this? Also LAN connection Icon displays Cable not connected and if I sdet to hide icon it comes back to normal.

So the menu looks like this after:

My Documents - This one goes back to link and not display in a menu?
My Pictures >
My Music >
My Computer >

Regards,
Gareth

Gaz 25 12:54 19 May 03

It is very odd, can this happen occasionally?

Regards,
Gareth

Gaz 25 13:20 19 May 03

I would be grateful of any help offered.

Regards,
Gareth

Djohn 13:29 19 May 03

Hi Gareth, sorry, I'm not sure of the answer to this, but give it a little more time. I'm sure you are not being ignored, just that there is no one on-line (at the moment), with the answer. J.

NadineCoyleRocks 15:06 19 May 03

I notice that my aol dial up icon shows cable disconnected when I'm dialled in! Not sure if this is one of the problems you were describing or not

Gaz 25 17:13 19 May 03

No, my cable is dissconnected to my network, but I want to hide the Icon without disabling the NIC card, but it stays hidden and comes back after a while.

The other problem is very odd.

Regards,
Gareth

PS. Anyone with a answer?

Thanks for any help.

MartinT-B 17:16 19 May 03

Does this happen when your logged on as Admin or User?

Gaz 25 17:21 19 May 03

As I am the only user.

Gaz 25 18:09 19 May 03

?

Gaz 25 13:38 24 May 03

Regards.
Gareth

Granger 16:15 24 May 03

Gaz I think you have to accept that old Bill decides how/whether your PC works. I sometimes find that minor UI settings mysteriously change or reverse, and I don't think you'll ever solve this. Just view as links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…