Odd problem with dvd/cd writer

Jak_1 20:58 02 Jun 08

A while ago the DVD writer stopped writing to DVD's, well it looked like the disk had been burnt to but would not play. No problem writing to cd's though. Now, when I put a cd in the drive to write to, the pc re-boots! Once re-booted I can burn to the disk no problem. The pc has not been moved at all so the should be no loose connections to cause problems. Advent pc approx 5 years old, AMD Athlon 64 bit 3200+ 2 GHz, 1.5GB DDR RAM. OS Win X-PHome SP2. 2x 160 GB internal drives, 1 x 300 GB ext drive and 2 x 250 internal drives in enclosure boxes.

Any help would be appreciated.

MAT ALAN 21:13 02 Jun 08

Has all the atributes of laser issues, could be ya DvD laser diode is dead. Might be time to invest in a new one...

Jak_1 21:16 02 Jun 08

That has been in the back of my mind but whilst it was doing the cd's ok I put it on the back burner. May be it is time to invest. However I do need to burn off a few cd's before Thursday when I will be away for a long weekend.
Thanks for your quick reply.

MAT ALAN 21:23 02 Jun 08

Sorry its not better news, but enjoy your weekend happy in the knowledge you can get a damn good burner for not a lot....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5