odd messages within Norton Internet Sec. 2004

the lawman 17:23 01 Oct 04

Hi. I'm running NIS 2004, with XP Home & Tiscali broadband. Have started to notice seemingly strange goings on within the connections tab in NIS.

The local IP address shows a redirected connection out, then back in, then out to the site I wanted to visit (in this case PC Advisor). The connection to pc advisor shows "phone (1167)" within the local service port column (nb I'm on Broadband). Then whilst I'm doing little other than logging in, there's masses of activity - local host out, then back in, then back out, then back in. There's also a connection to click here whom I've never heard of which turns out to be a techie site of some sort.

I've also noticed instances where the same site with the same IP address is listed twice in the remote IP address column, which to my non-techie mind seems odd, as does redirected connection.

Is all this quite normal, or is something amiss? Can anyone tell me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…