Odd message from IE9

sydsnott 12:21 18 Jul 13

Can't remember what site I was trying to access, but I got this mesasage:-

"Error 503 Backend is unhealthy"

Comical choice of words so I googled it and I'm still non the wiser!

Seems it has something to do with "Varnish", aside from the clear paint, I've never heard of it!

Totally confused!

spuds 13:27 18 Jul 13

503 Error message usually means that the service is unavailable.

Here's some further information click here

sydsnott 11:19 19 Jul 13

Thanks spuds, but I found that whilst trawling for an answer, it doesn't sepecifically mention the message I received. One that I found was on this site:-

click here this is the extracted explanation:-

503 Backend Is Unhealthy

This occurs when an edge server recieves a client request and must make a request to your origin, but your custom health checks are reporting the backend as down (and thus we do not even try). We currently have a bug where this error is thrown instead of "Backend.max_conn Reached" (see below). This only happens when the maximum connections is first encountered.

Not a clue what it means!

Anybody translate?

and

spuds 11:43 19 Jul 13

I would image that it long jargon for the original explanation that 'the service is unavailable', and there might be a number of difficult to find reasons for that.

If its the first time it as happened, and its not happened since then don't bother. But you could run a malaware check for a safeguard!.

If you haven't got any malaware programmes on your computer, you can find some free downloads from the two links following. I use SuperAntiSpyware others like Malawarebytes. click here click here

sydsnott 11:22 20 Jul 13

Thanks spuds, first thought was malware! Both SAS and MBAM came back clean, but I think I've sorted it now. My PC has recently been a bit erratic programmes slow and sometimes un responsive and memory usage very high. Tried in Safe Mode and think that Samsung's Kies software was the culprit. Now I've disabled it, my PC is running much better!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac