odd keyboard fault

nhojnhoj35 19:02 17 Dec 06

Hi,
I have a keyboard that has developed an odd fault.
Im sure Ive seen this before but cant remember how to solve it.

Basically, the " key and the @ key have switched around so by pressing shift+2 I get @ and pressing shift+' I get "

Any help gratefully received. Thanks

VoG II 19:05 17 Dec 06

Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages tab, Details button. Set keyboard to United Kingdom.

Totally-braindead 19:09 17 Dec 06

As VoG™ said, its very common you have it set to US English. Remember to click apply them ok when you change it or it'll go back to US English.

nhojnhoj35 19:17 17 Dec 06

thanks. will try it later. i thought Id already tried that, maybe I didnt press apply

Totally-braindead 19:22 17 Dec 06

If you get stuck just switch to UK click apply and ok and if it still isn't right delete the US keyboard configuration and just leave the UK, computer will ask to restart and then it will be set to UK as its all thats listed.

birdface 19:36 17 Dec 06

When you get into Regional Options, Customise should be set at,English[United Kingdom]then down bottom Location should be set to United Kingdom, Then press languages.Details, Once again set it for English;[United Kingdom] And underneath in the Square it should read,EN English{United Kingdom}, Keyboard,United Kingdom, If underneath that, If it shows English United States, Delete that part, Then you should be Ok. Just the same as Vog suggested but just a bit more detail in case you got confused.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…