Odd folder in My Documents

Martin12 21:51 09 Jun 04

I am using Win XP Pro. In My Documents there is a folder called "gggggg_files". It contains a couple of small Jpegs, gifs that are un-readable and "xml" and "emz" file. It cannot be deleted as it is in use all of the time. I have tried Norton & spybot- no good. What is it and how can I remove it?

monkon2 23:12 09 Jun 04

have you tried ctrl-alt+del? if not, do this and look in applications, might be in there and end that app, also, try looking in processes but be car5eful, look for anything running that shouldnt be and end process. you could also try this:
start/run then type: msconfig , then go to start up and see if anthing strange is lurking there

if u have tried all ofo this, i apologise in advance, your question was a bit short on what u ahd already tried!

VoG II 23:17 09 Jun 04

Try deleting it in Safe Mode. Restart your computer and keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows screen loads. Select Safe Mode from the menu that should appear.

THE TERMINATOR 00:28 10 Jun 04

Disconnect from the internet and re-boot (before you connect again) delete the file, one of the files is trying to access the web. TT

Dan the Confused 00:56 10 Jun 04

I think the folder is in use by some spyware. Try downloading, updating and running Ad-Aware from click here

If this doesn't help, press ctrl-alt-del (as mentioned) and post the running processes it lists for us to see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…