Odd browsing problem - cannot access 'new' sites

Gizmo.mp3 22:45 14 Jul 05

I have a feeling this will either be an easy one to solve or very difficult...
I've just done a full reinstall of XP and everything on a new HD after the old one died, and ever since I've had this problem with internet browsing.
Everything connects up properly to begin with and I can open websites, listen to audio streams, etc etc, but after a short time (say 20 mins) I can no longer access 'new' sites.
The strange part is, I can still refresh sites that I already already been to, and see new contributions (on messageboards for example), and streaming audio and downloads will continue as if the connection was fine.
I suspect a DNS problem, but the diagnostics on my router say that everything's connected... does anyone have any hints?
System spec:
XP, Athlon 2100+, 512Mb, Firefox, standard cheapy router from ebuyer (although this was working just fine with the 'old' HD).
All suggestions appreciated... :)

Gizmo.mp3 18:57 15 Jul 05

anyone have any ideas?

VoG II 19:02 15 Jul 05

What happens when you try to access a 'new' site?

Gizmo.mp3 19:09 15 Jul 05

"click here" (or whatever) not found, please check the address and try again - as if it wasn't connected...

John Crowter 19:13 15 Jul 05

Sounds very much like my problem that I have posted in the Network Forum this afternoon. See click here

VoG II 19:21 15 Jul 05

I think this is going to be 'very difficult'.

Just to rule out the obvious, when you get the not found message click on File and check that Work offline is not ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009