Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4
They disappear altogether, a reboot puts them back in windows explorer and my computer, but often will not recognize a disc is in the drive and more reboots till it detects it.
any advice please.
Got a couple of things to try,and if you have any error codes...please post them.
Missing cd/dvd drives can be normally associated with the removal of burning software such as Nero/Roxio/Sonic/Easy CD Creator etc.
And not showing the drive in My Computer.
Try the below link ,if still no luck follow the Procedure of removing the upper and lower filters.
If no joy with the above fix,try the Microsoft Guided Help
click here scroll down to the Guided help download and follow the instructions.
If still no joy,follow the manual fix below.
If you have further any error codes,please post them.
Restore Missing CD/Dvd Drives
Missing cd/dvd drive
If it is showing an error code:
Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
, delete the drive.
Then follow these directions for clearing the Upper/Lower Filters: (might want to print this out)
1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key ( if Vista Start search or windows+R )
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen
Reboot your computer
.If in any doubt editing the registry,please create a System Restore point first and also backup your registry....The guidedhelp from Microsoft on backing up the registry is a good lesson for anyone to learn. click here
Creating a System Restore point:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore…follow the prompts.
I will delete them and see if widows detects them. when they disappear hardware wizard does not come on during reboot. all connects are secure.
no errors the drives just invsible in explorer and my computer. i have nero6 and all its updates I might reinstall nero 6.
will try your reg fix [I had problems with a reg utilty last week now scrapped it called wise registry.]
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.