odbc.hta what is this

caast©? 20:54 12 Apr 04

I have a friends computer that is causing problems When I log on, , a tiny blue bar,
exactly like the top of any browser pops up over the Start button. It is no more than 2 inches long and says,
C:\Windows\ODBC.hta and then i get a warning from Norton Antivirus malicious script detected Activity get special folder. So I stop the script.

I think this is something to do with Kaaza which I have deleted from his computer, but still remains in Msconfig/Start up
(Register Kaaza upgrade suite 3)If I uncheck this it reappears, and I cannot comeletely remove kazza from his computer.

caast©? 20:56 12 Apr 04

I did a quick google search not much there, but I get the feeling it is a trojan.

beeuuem 21:05 12 Apr 04

The advice from click here may help.

Valvegrid 21:18 12 Apr 04

Try running 'kazzaBegone' download:

click here

caast©? 21:37 12 Apr 04

running me round in circles, to search pages. do you have a link to download? M

Valvegrid 21:53 12 Apr 04

I just click on the download button and downloaded a zip file of 41.8K. I'm not sure why you're getting the run-around, if you still get problems, email me and I'll send you the zip file.

Paul.

cycoze 21:57 12 Apr 04
  Valvegrid 06:34 13 Apr 04

Further thoughtd; you have a problem with some sort of scumware on your machine, if you still can't get through using cycoze's link, that will confirm you are being re-directed. The scumware will have to be removed using one of these programs:

click here

click here

caast©? 18:25 13 Apr 04

Just getting the search page: after states waiting for download, if not redirected in so many seconds click here:

I have spybot S&D run that found nothing, and Pest Patrol, run that found nothing.

I have Norton AV, and Zone Alarm Pro so would not expect to find any problems. As you can see I am Heavily gaurded against so should not have these problems, clicking on a link.

VoG II 18:43 13 Apr 04

Have you tried running CWShredder? click here

caast©? 18:59 13 Apr 04

I have the same problem here, OK get to the link but as soon as I click to download the program, it re-directs to the searchpage.cc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…