October 2009 Magazine

LABMAN 16:19 29 Aug 09

Hi Folks,

I purchaed the October issue of PC Advisor magazine, Issue 171, from Tesco over a week ago and it came with a disc exclsuive to Tesco Customers which had a full and free copy of Registry Mechanic Version 7 on it.

The problem is despite having registered online and having been promised the unlock key I'm stiil waiting on it, I've filled in a customer service request but nobosy seems to want to get back to me..... what's really annoying me is that it's removed a previous working copy I had of Regsitry Mechanic but I can't find the code to acctivate it so I was wondering can anyone supply the code to unlock Version 7, it is according to the disc from issue 163 Feb 2009 so some of you must have made of use the offer.

Kindest Regards

lotvic 20:50 29 Aug 09

I just did it and received my key in email within 5 minutes.

Have you checked your Spam Folder on Webmail as it may have gone in there.

LABMAN 22:17 29 Aug 09

Hi Lotvic,

The spam folder was the 2nd place I looked and there has been nothing at all from them.

What realy annoys me is that oaky I got the programme free but nobody even seems interested in replying to my query at PC Tools.

BRYNIT 23:29 29 Aug 09

Try registering again. Possibility is that you may have accidentally entered your email address incorrectly.

LABMAN 00:31 30 Aug 09

Hi BRYNIT,

I've tried that too, I get a message stating that they already have an apllication registred at that IP address.

lotvic 23:31 30 Aug 09

Not allowed to post keycode on here, but I won't be using mine. You can PM me if you want it.

ened 07:41 31 Aug 09

Have you tried the spam folder in your account on the isp's server?

LABMAN 23:24 31 Aug 09

Hi Ened,

It was a Hotmail addes I used so the only spam /junk box is my own and there has been nothing there.

lotvic 23:54 31 Aug 09

I don't know what you are doing wrong.
But I have just registered again this time using a Hotmail Address and was sent the key within 3 minutes.

However the good news is that it is the same key each time for the pcadvisor version on CD so if you want it click on the yellow envelope next to my name

Note: install Registry Mechanic7 from the cover disc that accompanied your recent magazine purchase.
Any other and the key won't work.

lotvic 13:06 02 Sep 09

Guess you must have got it sorted now and didn't need to PM me.

Please green tick thread as Resolved if you no longer need help.

LABMAN 00:34 03 Sep 09

Hi Lotvic,

Not sure why you didn't get it but I did send a PM to you using the yellow envelope and thanking you for the offer of the code and as far as I'm aware it was sent ok.

I have got it working though as I used my email address at work and the code came through in minutes so I'm still at a loss as to what happened the 1st time around, but thank you all for your suggestions and help as it was all greatly appreciated.

PS: I couldn't believe the ammount of errors that RM found tonight when I ran it, so hopefully things will be a bit smoother.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5