OCR Software - Comments ?

KW2K 22:25 17 May 04

Hi Folks,
Has anyone out there got any comments/views on OCR software. I'm looking to buy software which will scan most types of documents including boxes, graphics etc..Any I have tried so far are not very good. This will be used for business, so cost is not all that important, if it does the job.

Regards.

woodchip 22:28 17 May 04

OmniPage click here

Peter 23:00 17 May 04

I've used Textbridge Pro. Ver 9 for some time now and find the results very good from the point of view of getting the image into editable text. Usually, with a good quality original, the results are quite accurate and require little correction. There will be problems with ls being mistaken for 1s and Os for 0s and vice versa. As far as layout is concerned I usually transfer the text to Word and adjust the layout myself.

Of course version 9 is quite old, so later versions should be an improvement. Both Textbridge and Omnipage are owned by the same company now, Xerox I believe.

Peter.

woodchip 23:12 17 May 04

Yes I use that it's part of my Pagis Pro 3 software that I use on win98se comp, But I can only load Textbridge on my XP comp as it does not like Pagis

KW2K 23:28 17 May 04

OK Guy's, Thanks for the info !

GRFT 07:42 18 May 04

The other night on QVC (Freeview channel 16)they demonstrated a Visioneer scanner that scans in documents and immediately produces editable text. So you don't need OCR software. It also has an attachment for photo slides. It seemed to be very fast in operation. The cost was about ?90.00.

Stuartli 09:09 18 May 04

It must have had some version of OCR software.

KW2K

It's very likely you would have had OCR software, mostly likely a lite version, included on the installation CD-ROM for your scanner.

Wak 09:19 18 May 04

I would suggest that you have a look at the ABBYY Fine Reader program.
It's an excellent program with very few errors.
It's also a FREE program which can be found in Google.

GRFT 09:23 18 May 04

No doubt there was OCR software of a kind imbedded in the installation software but this was transparent to the user.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…