OCR Software

Ganda 12:55 20 May 05

I have an Epson 3170 scanner with the Automatic document feeder. Can anyone recommend software compatible with this scanner that will allow me to scan multiple page documents as an editable file. With the supplied Abby Fine Reader 5 software, I can only scan a single page at a time which results in an editable output. When outputting to a PDF of TIFF etc, there is no problem. The scanner scans each individual page and outputs it to a one PDF file which can then be viewed using Acrobat.

DieSse 14:15 20 May 05

You won't get a really good free scanning program - the ones given away with scanners are cut down versions where the full programs often cost much more than the scanner.

I'm sure the full veraion of Abbyy will do what you want - It's at version 7 now, and you can get a free trial download at click here

dewskit 14:15 20 May 05

I have used Caere Omnipage Pro for some years in various versions. This will accept multiple pages without problems.

Not sure about the compability with your scanner -have just had a look at the website and only one model Epson scanner is listed there, and that is not yours!

I am personally still using v 12, as the later versions do not support my HP Scanjet either, but do not know how you may acquire a copy of an older version.

DieSse 14:17 20 May 05

I see they also have a "Scan-to-Office" version now, at lower cost too.

Diemmess 17:11 20 May 05

I use Scansoft Omnipage v 12 too.

It works, but my point is that it is possible to pay a much smaller price to "upgrade," and yet it will install on a clean new Windows without a trace of any previous OCR.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…