OCR of handwriting

immer 00:01 07 Jun 06

I wish to know if it is possible to give an OCR system a known handwriting type to recognise, so as to get it to read a particular person. I have a lot of documents to copy & am looking for short cuts. I have a handwriting to font making program. I need to get this to an OCR as input type info for it to work with.

terryf 00:05 07 Jun 06

Have you tried to google this question?

immer 10:23 07 Jun 06

How do you mean ? Thats almost an essay to put in a googlebox !

€dstowe 11:05 07 Jun 06

Type "handwriting to OCR" in the Google searchbox (not an essay). 424,000 hits - one of them might be useful.

immer 21:27 07 Jun 06

seems I have found a new buzz word "NHR", and note it's "natural" not "national"....
The hunt continues....

greenlamp 23:43 07 Jun 06

Interesting when I pasted "handwriting to OCR" into google I got a few hits less than 424,000, 0 in fact. I sudpect that typing in without the quotes would be so wide-ranging as to produce 424,000 but the effect would be to produce much more chaff than wheat.

immer 09:16 08 Jun 06

The handwriting of many historicle texts is beautiful & even, but the fonts are not to our modern eye. It would protect the documents if they could be translated to modern format. Take for just example the text on the Lindesfarne Gospel or the Magna Carta. Were as well known texts have many translations, there are a vast pile in archives only available as "one off" viewing. All the elements to sacan / translate this stuff exists, what I'm looking for is a joined up programme to do the task. Any more ideas please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…