OCR

Spr 21:10 11 Jul 04

I am using Windows XP word 2000. I am doing my family tree I have a blank form that I would like to scan in & fill with family details, is there any program that will allow me to do this I have tried scanning into Word all I get is a jumble of words

sattman 21:27 11 Jul 04

This has facility for filling text on forms

click here

Have you also looked at the facilities that Brothers Keeper has

Wak 13:02 12 Jul 04

Hi, you don't say whether you have a genealogy program for your family tree or not but if you haven't then I would suggest you look at the FREE Personal Ancestral File program supplied by the Latterday Saints at click here.
I would also recommend the ABBYY Fine Reader OCR program (also FREE) which can be found on Google.

Stuartli 13:57 12 Jul 04

How many fields are there?

Have you tried doing the fields in Tables form from Word?

ABBYY FineReader is excellent - I got the Version 5 Pro on the Personal Computer World Jan 2004 cover disk - but it did require a 34MB update from the ABBYY website; fortunately my son has broadband.....

I've also found that ScanWise 2.0 for my Agfa SnapScan 1212u scanner is pretty good in any case at copying articles etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…