ocomewome in start up?

ray27 12:33 15 Feb 11
Answered

I noticed something in the start up called ocomewome
can anyone identify what this is and tell me what is function is cheers

Salut 16:53 15 Feb 11

Sorry, nothing comes up on Google either...

Have you tried hovering the mouse pointer over the word and right clicking for properties?

northumbria61 22:11 15 Feb 11

Never heard of this one - You could try running Malwarebytes OR maybe just delete it.

ray27 08:10 16 Feb 11

I have unticked it in the start up but it came straight back in a new box , the old one is still there but without the tick,
The title next to it in start up is rundll32.exe

northumbria61 12:13 17 Feb 11

Rundll32.exe is a legit Windows program. The trouble is that viruses like to masquerade as the program and cause all sorts of operating problems: everything from causing errors on start-up and close-down to overheating the system. I am not suggesting that this is the problem in your case but I would suggest the following -

Put the system into Safe Mode on start-up (F8) and run Malwarebytes or any Anti-Malware that you have on your computer.

Also read this click here - there is a "FREE scan for errors" located at the top of page - use this at you own discretion.

ray27 15:46 17 Feb 11
Answer

Many thanks nothumbria61 I down loaded the malwarebytes prog you recommended and ran it and it found 27 infections including 4 Trojans I will see how things go now many thanks once again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…