Obtaining WMP11, without an Internet conection.

The Lenge 14:46 18 Jun 06

I want to install WMP11 on my laptop, which runs Windows XP.
However, I can't download WMP11 onto my desktop, which has an Internet connection, because it runs Windows ME.

brundle 14:47 18 Jun 06
  SANTOS7 14:51 18 Jun 06

ME didn't support WMP10 so i don't think it will support WMP11...

Jak_1 14:53 18 Jun 06

WMP 11 is still a beta version as far as I am aware, I would wait until the full version comes out. Also it requires SP2, something I have so far resisted installing.

The Lenge 15:33 18 Jun 06

I know that WMP11 won't download to my desktop.
Hoever, my laptop doesn't have an Internet connection, which is why I can't download it, and why I want to know if there is another way of installing it on that machine.

The Lenge 15:35 18 Jun 06

Thanks, Jak_1. Your advice is helpful, but won't solve the problem when the full version arrives, unless it can be obtained on a CD/DVD.

Jak_1 15:41 18 Jun 06

can you network the lappy to the desktop and do it that way.
Have not tried downloading it myself so unsure if it is a self executable file or if you can dl and save for installation later, if the latter then dl as 'save target as' and then transfer to the lappy.

The Lenge 17:47 18 Jun 06

Everyone seems to be missing my problem.
WMP11, and WMP10, won't download to Windows ME, which is on my desktop.
So, I need it to be available, some other way, to be able to install it onto my laptop.

ade.h 17:55 18 Jun 06

The download link here click here didn't make any validation checks, so might allow you to use it.

If it doesn't, I would be happy to put the file on Dropload for you, for which I will need your email address so that Dropload can send you a download link. Send me a message if you would like me to do that.

SANTOS7 18:01 18 Jun 06

You will need to either connect your lappy to the internet or find someone who is running XP to find a standalone version that they can load to a disc,
have done some searchin and standalone versions are hard to find.........

ade.h 18:08 18 Jun 06

I have just downloaded one. See my previous post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…