Obtaining print-out from Windows Word 2007 Documents.

spuds 07:19 AM 17 Aug 12

I have received some email with Microsoft Word 2007 attachments, and I cannot view what the documents say.

The computer as XP Home but not Words, so can you suggest a solution so that I can read the attachments.

Any help would be appreciated.

Secret-Squirrel 08:26 AM 17 Aug 12

Microsoft's free "Word Viewer" will allow you to view and print the documents you've received.

Here's the link you need. After installing it you may find that it's unable to open Word 2007/2010 files. If that happens, install the " Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats" via the link on the same page.

Sea Urchin 08:30 AM 17 Aug 12

Alternatively download and install TextMaker Viewer which will enable you to read Word 2007 and 2010 files as well as many others. Download from HERE

AroundAgain 08:37 AM 17 Aug 12

If you have a previous version of MS Word, you can download a free Compatibility Pack which will open .docx files, from here -

Or, if you don't have MS Word, you can download LibreOffice, which is free, and similar to MS Office. You can opt to just install 'Writer' if you go to Customise when you get the option

Hope that helps you Cheers

spuds 09:33 AM 17 Aug 12

Thanks guys, I have had a quick read and will return later in the day.

I have used LibreOffice when it was a new thing, so this as been a timely reminder about that product.

spuds 16:01 PM 17 Aug 12

Downloaded LibreOffice from the link provided by AroundAgain, and now all seems fine with reading the messages through the email box.

Thanks again everyone, all very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…