Obtaining Microsoft's.Net framework

gardener 15:03 17 Jun 03

I've tried downloading this from Microsoft and it is a 23 Mb file.I have a pathetically slow internet connection and cannot get the whole file before my ISP cuts me off (2 hours).Does anyone know if it's available on a magazine cover disk or another alternative source?
Thanks in advance.

MichelleC 15:07 17 Jun 03

Or you could use a d/load manager which saves partial d/loads and resumes later where left off, like FreshDownload etc.

gardener 15:13 17 Jun 03

Thanks MichelleC but Microsoft only seem to allow the download using their facility,I,ve got Getright and this won't work on their site.

MichelleC 16:09 17 Jun 03

There is a way - depending on os - where you can halt m$ being default d/load manager - maybe search could help.

MichelleC 16:10 17 Jun 03

You can increase your net speed sometimes, by telling BT to increase the volumn (or gain) on your line.

if you reconnect to winupdate within a few minutes of it cutting off the download will resume where it left off. well it starts at the beginning and zaps through the part already downloaded.
try downloading it from the download catalog rather than winupdate that way you can use your download manager.

gardener 19:27 17 Jun 03

Thanks,I shall experiment!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…