Obtaining a copy of XP home from microsoft

varney 20:23 12 Apr 05

My PC had a fault and it recomended that i sue the recovery disk to fix it, but when i tried it an new error came through advising me that the registry was corput, the company i bought the PC from have gone into liquidation. can I get a copy of XP Home from microsoft so that I can reload it, and how do i go about it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:54 12 Apr 05
  varney 18:26 13 Apr 05

Thanks but unfotunatly i am beyond this stage, when the error first came up with was a dos prompt to use the recovery disk to fix the error,having used it i now get that the registery is corupt and i can't boot up the PC

Rayuk 18:41 13 Apr 05

click here

You can use any copy of Windows XP Home to make the cd doesnt have tobe the one you have.

Have used this myself once to restore pc back to health

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 13 Apr 05

GEt XP boot disks from http:\\click here

Works same as CD boot into recovery consul and follow my previous link.

georgemac © 18:47 13 Apr 05

do you have a copy of the license that came with the xp software for the pc - or is there a microsft sticker on the case showing the product key?

if you have this you could contact microsoft explaining your situation and see what their response is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…