OBTAINGING ACCESS DATABASE FROM OUTLOOK EMAIL

MEGGYBOO 09:37 20 Oct 05

I CANNOT RECEIVE AN ACCESS DATABASE WHEN I USE OUTLOOK AS AN EMAIL SENDER/RECEIVER. IT IS BLOCKED BECAUSE IT IS SEEN AS A THREAT AND I CANNOT CHANGE THE SECURITY SETTINGS. I CAN RECEIVE AN ACCESS DATABASE IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS BY SETTING THE SECURITY PARAMETERS BUT I WOULD PREFER TO USE OUTLOOK. ANY IDEAS HOW I COULD MODIFY OUTLOOK 2000 SO THAT I CAN RECEIVE ACCESS DATABASES.
PAUL

Jackcoms 09:43 20 Oct 05

Please do NOT shout at us by using capitals.

You may wish to ask the sender to zip the file before sending. That might reduce its 'threat' level.

skeletal 10:56 20 Oct 05

This is an enormous pain in the butt to me as well (I use Access as much as, if not more, than the rest of Office) and I curse the stupidity of uSoft in not letting a user email files generated in Office, by using another part of Office!!!

This would be fair enough if it was easy to find whatever security setting it is that allows such file transfers…but I can’t find it.

Thus, I will be very pleased if anyone else knows how to turn this annoyance off.

BUT, meanwhile, you will have to do what I now do all the time, and that is to zip the file first as Jackcoms has said. This works all the time with no problems.

I pray that uSoft don’t decide to stop zipped files...I’ll just pack up and move to a desert island if they do!

Skeletal

Eke 11:02 20 Oct 05

If you can access your email by using your Internet Service Providers website, you will be able to see the attachment there and save it to your hard drive. Databases are percieved as potential danger, this is explained by Microsoft click here

As Jackcoms has said, a zip file would work too.

VoG II 11:58 20 Oct 05

click here

Please get your CAPS LOCK button fixed.

Jackcoms 14:37 20 Oct 05

Why are you duplicating threads and why are you still shouting at us? click here

Your other thread, on exactly the same subject, has already been answered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…