This object is corrupt or is no longer available

rbrtsmrvll6 12:39 03 Feb 07

Using Microsoft Office Word 2003 and running Windows XP (home edition) SP2 I made a document with short phrase followed by a table of 2 columns and 18 rows.

In the first column are short instructions to do something to the short phrase, “Select the whole phrase above and then change the font to Comic Sans, Change the size of the whole phrase above to 26 point”, etc.

I had also made 18 wave sounds, using the Microsoft Sound Recorder, which were just me saying the sentences in column 1 of my table. These sounds were copied into column 2 of my table. I am a teacher and the sounds were for non-reading pupils.

All was well. The table looked good and the sounds played well. I could save the table and then load it again and all was still fine.

However, when I closed Word and then re-opened it only one of the wave sounds in column 2 played, the one in row 2, “Change the size to 26 point”. All of the others made no sound. When double clicked, they did all get handles around the speaker icon just like the working one in row 2 but they produced no sound.

If I right click the speaker icons then in the working one the fourth row, in the menu that appears is “Sound Recorder Document Object” and I can play the sound from here but in the non working icons this is just “Object” and if I click on object I am told that “This object is corrupt or is no longer available”

On leaving my document I am asked to report this to Microsoft, which I do.

I can produce this worksheet including sounds on a blank document and all is well but not in a table which looks neater. Any ideas anyone?

rawprawn 12:58 03 Feb 07

Are you running Norton AV, if so try disabling it.
Type "This object is corrupt or is no longer available” int google and have a look through.

rbrtsmrvll6 14:03 03 Feb 07

Thanks rawprawn
I'm not running Norton AV but AVG.
Google has a lot on "This object is corrupt or is no longer available" so I'll plough my way through it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5