Oberon games won't launch

tinkerpuss 17:47 21 Aug 08

I bought a new computer at the weekend with Windows Vista Premium installed (I had to install SP1 myself).
I had 26 Oberon Media games installed on my old computer but really only wanted to re-install a few of them. The games were bought from Incredimail Games and I thought all I had to do was download the games from their site, put in my registration keys and carry on playing.
It was not so straight forward. When I tried to play the first game I downloaded, 'The Treasures of Montezuma', I got a message saying 'Game launcher stopped working' and a report went off to Microsoft. I tried several other games but with the same result - I cannot play any game from this site. I tried changing the compatibility to Windows XP SP2 with no success.
Out of curiosity, I downloaded the trial versions of some of the games from other websites and they played perfectly. Oberon cannot give me a reason for this problem and finally offered me a free game - to download from Incredimail - even though I had explained that none of them would work!
I downloaded the games without any problem on my dad's computer, also with Vista installed and they worked. I am perplexed!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now