o2 Wireless Box II

Border View 23:52 07 Oct 08

Hope someone can explain what just happened.

Today I migrated, without any problems, to o2. I installed their Wireless box and all was OK.

Tonight I noted that it was only WEP encrypted so went into the settings and firstly changed the Administrtor password

Then I went into the wireless settings. Noticed that under security it said "New stations are allowed (Automatic). I thought that this was because I dont have a static IP address. When I clicked to change the security setting from WEP to WPA I received an error message to the effect that "Connection closed by remote server"

I spent the following 45 minutes using the o2 Broadband Assistant. Thank goodness it was there because I could not get back into the interface with the o2 Wiresless Box II.

Eventually using the Assistant I was able to restore to original settings but with an amendment to WRP. The password for Administrator has not now be changed.

Just wondered if anyone could tell me why this all happened? Look forward to your comments.

Border View 23:59 07 Oct 08

Sorry WRP should read WPA

Border View 20:03 08 Oct 08

Should also have explained that when I was using the o2 Broadband Assistant one of the messages said that the wifi on my laptop was having difficulty communicating with the router. I never had this problem with my old Speedtouch 585v6.

When I first tried to connect to the internet this evening (at about 6.45) it was again reluctant to connect, although I did in the end.

Does anyone have a similar experience with th o2 wireless box II.

Border View 08:46 09 Oct 08

By trial and error I have found that the initial disconnection was a form of security. Trying to alter settings in your router the incorrect way and wuff you are disconnected.

Perhaps someone out there will find this information of some help.

CurlyWhirly 18:14 11 Oct 08

A bit late but have you seen this?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac