O2 Broadband and Utorrent - Port Forwarding?

a-kalam 23:01 19 Jan 09

Hi, I recently joined O2 Broadband, I'm on the Premium package. I was using Utorrent and was amazed to find I was getting speeds of up to 800kbps! But this only lasted a day and now torrent speeds rarely reach, like 100kbps.

At the bottom of Utorrent, it tells me that a firewall or router is limiting my traffic, but I have no idea how to set up port forwarding for the O2 wireless box! There are ome guides online involving creating a static ip, buti don't know what O2's DNS details are. How can I get Utorrent fast again? Any help appreciated and thanks in advance, guys!

PS. I'm using Vista.

Esc4p3 08:56 20 Jan 09

Personally I cannot help, but there are some useful o2 forums at click here , you will need to register and click on the Broadband forum. Hope this helps..

Tech Guy 10:34 20 Jan 09

You don't need a static IP adddress. You can just select ANY address for the LAN IP address in the firewall rules - if you don't know how to set a static LAN IP address

What you ned to do is the vist this site:

click here

It will walk you through opening up the port needed for Utorrent, port 53819 if my memory serves me right.

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…