O Express wont get my Hotmail since IE7 upgrade

Emsie 17:16 21 Jan 07

Since installing IE7 and Windows' most recent Security update, Outlook Express wont download our Hotmail automatically. We've checked our Settings, and all seems to be ok, as before. Our Internet Security package allows Outlook Express to operate as before. We've enabled IE7 to use Outlook Express and MSN...
Help, please!
Many thanks.

hijo 17:28 21 Jan 07

hi there i installed IE7 on my pc just after a low level format & had nothing but issues with it,i think the idea & the whole thing is amazing BUT theyve got issues with it,my advice uninstall it & use IE6...good luck
H

anskyber 17:40 21 Jan 07

A number of people have experienced problems with access to their Hotmail accounts after IE7. If you have such problems then in the first place download this. click here It is nearly always successful.

interzone55 19:17 21 Jan 07

Another good tip is to do away with hotmail altogether and start using the far superior Gmail, then you can set it to allow pop3 access in any email program (the help pages have downloads to make this easier). The neat trick with the pop3 access is that you avoid any of the (admittedly unobtrusive) ads on the gmail pages.

Emsie 19:42 21 Jan 07

Thanks hijo: we were tempted, but thought we'd try anskyber's solution first, just in case...

And anskyber - many thanks indeed. We 'clicked' and followed instructions - and hey presto, Hotmail is now coming through Outlook Express again. We missed that convenience and are very grateful for your prompt help.

And alan14, thanks for the Gmail idea: we'll look into it for comparison.- Sounds good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…