Nvu html Editor Problem

Lettervanman 15:12 24 Apr 06

I have been using the excellent Nvu Editor,but have now got a problem.
After not being able to upload to Pipex Ftp Space for a time,they are now saying use active mode and not passive.
Unfortunately Nvu is configured to only run in passive mode.
Any recomendations please for other free WYSIWYG editors that will run in active mode?
Thanks!

Lettervanman 17:02 24 Apr 06

Bump!

octal 17:37 24 Apr 06

"Unfortunately Nvu is configured to only run in passive mode."

I didn't know that! I usually use my FTP program to upload files, I suppose because I'm used to it :-)

Lettervanman 19:48 24 Apr 06

Anyone else?

octal 22:43 24 Apr 06

This answers your question click here you can't.

Lettervanman 11:38 25 Apr 06

Yes, I had read this thread on the Nvu forum and so knew that it could not work in active mode.

I was hopeful that someone knew of another free editor that could do this.

octal 16:41 25 Apr 06

I've done a quick Google and there are some that are offered for free, I suspect you have already tried that though, unfortunately I can't try them because I use Linux so they probably won't work. There is a composer in the Mozilla suit click here but I'm not sure if that will work for you maybe you can have a look.

If you really like Nvu, isn't it worth using a separate FTP client to upload your files? Nvu is such a nice program it'll be a shame if you can't use it.

Snec 17:15 25 Apr 06

click here Core FTP Lite is good and easy to use. When I used Nvu, before going on to NOF7, I used Core FTP lite all the time.

Lettervanman 17:15 25 Apr 06

Thanks for that,it's a good idea. As Nvu is "open" I hope some clever person will write new code that will enable it to go Active!
I don't know why Pipex have changed the access,no reply to my email.

Lettervanman 17:16 25 Apr 06

Thank you! I had not found that one.
I will give it a tick now.

Lettervanman 19:56 25 Apr 06

Core FTP Lite is superb! Very fast, and easy for someone like me that does not know much about FTP.
Thank you very much,and to octal,this forum always manages to come up trumps!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…