nview_info Again!

Diemmess 18:12 25 Feb 09

Having ticked an earlier thread as solved I have to admit I was a mite previous.

Still there in inglorious profusion.
The only effect [my guess] is a bit of foot dragging and at worst a system hangup.

the properies of this error message, I've copied off screen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : rundll32: WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does that give a better idea of what is wrong and best of all an idea how to cure it?

MAT ALAN 18:37 25 Feb 09

the only Nview i am aware of is the one i have on my PC as part of my Nvidia VGA card display settings,
so the issues you have may be graphic card driver related...

Diemmess 15:37 01 Mar 09

You were correct.
I made the beginner's mistake of updating the drivers without uninstalling the corrupt ones first.

Absolutely no more nview_info errors since.

I.E. has been a different matter and seems to be the cause of "application error" or "application hang" causing long battles to unfreeze the computer.

In fact I.E. has been tetchy in a way that AOL browsing never was.
I seemed [then]to be able to open link after link and never worry what was already there. They always closed as and when needed.
This is a different story and if it persists I will fuss about it with btinternet's help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple