nVidiaForce2 Motherboard ?? maximising

GrimNir 02:00 25 Jan 03

Building a new Pc for a mate. Been looking at the A7N8X Deluxe with Nvidia Nforce2 on board graphic enhancement is how its been explained to me.

So whats the best graphics card for under £100 to utilise this board ?? (comes with Doleby on board sound)

Geforce 4 440MX card (a done up Ge-Force 2 card) or a Radeon 8500 LE ???????????

Building price about £400 total build price without monitor.
Crucial 256 DDR PC2700
And can someone tell me what the difference between IDE hard-drives and "UIDE" hard-drives. (Never come accross UIDE before only ever used IDE western Digital 7200 speed.

Gongoozler 08:12 25 Jan 03

GrimNir, I looked at the review for this motherboard on this site click here, where it was teamed up with an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro. I found that you can get a Sapphire Radeon 9000pro from E-buyer for £87.95 inc VAT click here, so it will be interesting to see what comments other forum members make about this combination.

MartinT-B 13:53 25 Jan 03

Passing on advice I got from Overclockers.co.uk

DO NOT USE Geforce4 440MX - it should have been named Geforce 3.5! Apparently it doesn't support some of the newer graphics options and you will need to upgrade sooner.

I was advised to go for Radeon 9500.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…