NVIDIA Update 6th oct 2003. To be, or not to be.

bretsky 17:37 22 Nov 03

Hi all , just spent the last hour downloading the above Which was 12.2 mb, only to find that when I clicked on the GEforce tab in properties settings, it gave me a "Catastrophic failure" and a blank window!??
Have had to roll back the driver and all seems ok. Just wondered if anybody else has had the same or was it just a corrupt downlaod!!!!!?????
Running winxp home ed sp1.
Ho hum :>) bretsky.............

tes 19:08 22 Nov 03

I had a load of problems when I loaded it so got rid.Can't remember what they were but I,m not going to load it again to find out.

AubreyS 19:12 22 Nov 03

I downloaded it this morning and had no probs at all. But on the other hand, I can't see any difference at all. A bit of a waste of time I think.

Art 216 19:14 22 Nov 03

Ditto !!!

Cheers de Art.

AubreyS 19:14 22 Nov 03

Probably spyware from Mr. G!

powerless 19:17 22 Nov 03

Don't update G-card drivers via Windows Update use nvidia instead.

rev.bem 19:33 22 Nov 03

As Powerless says avoid the windows update and use this

click here

for XP and 2K,and its only 8.7mb,wonder what the other 3.5mb on the windows update is for?

bretsky 20:37 22 Nov 03

Hi all thanx for the replies, nice to know I'm not the only one with update woes, I get the impression from the replies it's a waste of time with this update so will give it the thumbs down.
Thanx again to all:>) bretsky

AubreyS 20:39 22 Nov 03

I think in fute I will take Powerless's good advice and only update from NVIDIA's site.

Stuartli 09:04 23 Nov 03

The nVidia updates will be the very latest - some of Windows Update website's so called manufacturers' updates are well out of date.

hoverman 09:40 23 Nov 03

Just downloaded driver 52.16 from the nVidia website and installed successfully - no problems at all. I fully agree with Stuartli's comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…