nvidia settings missing icon

n4165si 13:30 26 Sep 06

i use to have a a nvidia icon in the quick launch bar of the task bar that i could click on and select the screen resolutions or refresh rate etc .ican see it in past items in the task start bar .could someone explain how i can make it operate from the quick launch bar again .i did not remove this icon
n4165si

Diodorus Siculus 13:32 26 Sep 06

Go into control panel and look for nvidia desktop manager; under desktop management, click enable.

That should do it.

n4165si 13:45 26 Sep 06

the desktop management is already enabled ,so it will have to be something else Diodorus.
n4165si

gudgulf 15:41 26 Sep 06

You need to open the NVidia control panel and navigate to the "Tools" section.

You should find boxes for Enable Taskbar Icon and Enable Desktop Context Menu.

Make sure there is a tick in the appropriate box.

n4165si 16:49 26 Sep 06

i navigated to the nvidia control panel and it won't open ,could you tell me how i can restore this function? i believe the icon in the system tray has been disabled to long to use system restore.
n4165si

n4165si 14:55 28 Sep 06

problem solved i think ,i have got my classic view task bar icon back by going to control panel,display ,click settings,advanced,click the graphic type card installed,tick classic nvdia control panel.i cannot however select the new nvdia control panel for some reason it doesn't want to open. this will do for now anyway thanks to all for your help
n4165si

gudgulf 15:14 28 Sep 06

To be honest I prefer the Classic nVidia control panel...and switch the new dumbed down one off myself.

Glad your sorted.

Best way to reset everything is to reinstall the drivers from scratch.

gudgulf 15:47 28 Sep 06

"send an email to n4165si n4165si"

Errrrr.........don't know what happened there!!!lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…