nvidia nforce nwk controller says connected but no

stuio 16:00 20 Sep 07

Hi can you help plz, i have been using my nvidia nforce controller for 2 years without a problem and had saved the driver install files.
I reformatted my pc recently but cant get back using my nvidia nic unless i use my NTLworld ambit modem via its usb connection.
I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers and reinstalled nforce driver i know to be correct from last time selecting "NO" when asked whether i want to install nvidia firewall as i had major problems with this before. i selected not to install SWE drivers aswell, I tried changing duplex from auto to 100 half & 100 full duplex and disabled the power option to switch it off to save resources but still nothing. network options says connected but i cant ping anything or access websites using firefox or IE, and now i get this in CMD ipconfig /all
plz help

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Stuio>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : stu
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 8:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . .: 00-02-8A-63-E2-B3
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 81.99.186.214
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.252.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 81.99.184.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 62.252.64.20
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 194.168.4.100
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 19 September 2007 20:32:50
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 26 September 2007 20:23:46

brundle 00:51 22 Sep 07

Reset TCP/IP; go to start menu/run, type

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

press return, reboot.

Reset winsock;

netsh winsock reset

Winsock Fix if the above won't run; click here

If you're using XP's firewall you can reset that to defaults too;

netsh firewall reset

mgmcc 07:53 22 Sep 07

If you can get online using a USB connection to the NTL modem, then it is unlikely (though not impossible) to be a TCP/IP or Winsock issue, because that connection would also have been affected.

Is this a *CABLE MODEM* and, if so, have you gone through the correct procedure to swap over the connection to it?

Power everything off, including the Cable Modem which must be left without power for three or four minutes - this is IMPORTANT so that it loses the association between the existing connection (recognised by its MAC address) and the IP address that it has allocated to it.

Connect a network cable between the PC and the Cable Modem's Ethernet port. Power on the Cable Modem and, when fully booted with all lights displayed, boot the PC. The Cable Modem will recognise a new connection and allocate a different IP address to it, which should let you get online.

stuio 10:22 22 Sep 07

mgm thanks mate,
Yes i was just switching back n forth between usb & ethernet to try take a screen shot then go back to usb and post it.. I managed to get my Marvell Yukon up & running via ethernet using your guide above thankyou very very much what a relief!!!!!!
Marvell isn't that much slower than Nvidia gigabyte (i dont think) and i will just make do for now :)
Usb modem is capped at 10 mg but i have 20 mg connection so was pretty annoying to know i was wasting it lol... Im going to try sort out my nvidia nic but will click resolved as it obviously was the issue..
Thanks again all who helped!
Stuart

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…