nvidia m64 pci/32 mb graphics card problem

modboy 16:47 30 May 03

can any one help...
i have an old system which i am upgrading. i have upgraded the ram to 256 and put in a sound card which all work perfect, it has a intel celeron 466mhz processor and running on xp. i got the above card but cant get it to install.
i have done what it say in the manual, turn off put the card in and then boot up, but i am left with a black screen, windows seems to be running in the back ground booting up but no display. Tried to load the software first and that show's the drivers are working fine but when i go to reboot just a black screen.
i have to uninstal the original driver for display and using the nvidia but still no joy.
please can some one help because i am ready to put it in the bin.....many thanks

Turkey Tech 16:52 30 May 03

Go into the BIOS on your machine and find an option for Init Display first, change that to PCI and see what happens.

May also be your monitor not being able to display the frequency that this card is operating. Go to Safe Mode and remove the monitor from Device Manager then reboot.

modboy 17:37 30 May 03

had a look in the bios(f2 i think) and cant see anything saying init display.maybe wrong funtion i pressed. will try safe mode way and let you know.....thanks for now

rev.bem 18:19 30 May 03

might sound simple but have you connected your monitor to the graphics card instead of the onboard monitor outlet? (certainly not the kind of basic mistake i made a few years ago :-) )

modboy 13:34 02 Jun 03

that could be it cos i always wondered what that connector was for(will now try to find that connector)....will also try because i tried getting into the bios to adjust it and there is now way i can find it. tried a free program, but that said something about not working with nt. So i shall try that and with thanks will let you know how i get on...

modboy 13:53 24 Jun 03

tried all the things to connect but still not happening. hp web site says try changing the bios but when in there i dont see any setting to change to pci. i have a vectra vl pc, so finally any more tips please....many thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…