nvidia graphics problems

cliffoa 14:57 30 Aug 03

Recently upgraded to a Geforce4 Ti4200 card from Geforce2, and now whenever I play a game or try using video editing software, computer crashes and I get blue screen of death. Information on blue screen seems to point to nvidia card and/or its driver (nv4_disp.dll). I've tried all I can think of, including uninstalling previous drivers, downloading latest from nvidia site and from microsoft's own windows xp update site (I'm running xp). Any ideas anyone? I've trawled previous postings and tried out some ideas, but still keep blue-screening.

hugh-265156 15:58 30 Aug 03

click here

make sure you have completely removed all the old drivers before installing new ones click here run drivercleaner/cabcleaner this will remove all traces of them for you(read the readme file)

get the latest detonator drivers click here

if you have a via chipset update the drivers for it also.

citadel 17:03 30 Aug 03

The new card could be faulty, try your old card again and if it works without crashing you will know nothing is wrong with the computer. Time to get your money back before warrenty runs out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…