NVidia Graphics driver update

iscanut2 22:56 24 Jun 06

The Driver update page shows the English file version at just over 20Mb. I have downloaded it, but the download size is 40Mb. I have checked that I have selected the correct file. I am wary about running this update just in casr I have the wrong one. Has anyone else had this problem ?

De Marcus™ 22:59 24 Jun 06

I would not recommend it, I tried it, my onboard speaker started beeping randomly and an xp bubble notification popped up telling me I wasn't running a card in SLI mode (I don't have two cards in this particular machine). I think NVidia have made a boo-boo with regards to download links.

alan227 23:04 24 Jun 06

I downloaded this file and it is 40mb, as I am running dual graphics cards in SLi mode I had no problems.

But it does not say it is for SLi mode only.

iscanut2 23:13 24 Jun 06

I have made the selection that I normally go to when updating drivers..Geforce, WinXP..and then get this page click here
This shows file at 21Mb. When downloading the file, it is 40Mb. Something wromg somewhere and no mention of SLi mode only ! I dont think I will update with this file !

De Marcus™ 23:32 24 Jun 06

I should note that a simple driver 'rollback' restored harmony in my case. No more random beeps!

woodchip 23:35 24 Jun 06

What kind of file is it?

De Marcus™ 23:38 24 Jun 06

The usual .exe variety

woodchip 23:49 24 Jun 06

The site is suffering a lot of packet loss this may be why it's like it is. It's corrupting the file as it downloads then as to download all over again I just tried the download site. If you have a Zip program see if you can extract the file to a empty folder to have a look at what is in it as some exe's are Zip files

De Marcus™ 00:13 25 Jun 06

How did you determine the site was suffering a lot of packet loss?

Contents of the .exe file click here

woodchip 12:48 25 Jun 06

On how it registering in my Netscape Download Manager it kept have in to go back so far and start from set point in the download, and start downloading again from that point it only does that when it's having a problem with packet loss

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…