Nvidia Graphics Driver Update

Alien463 07:59 29 Aug 03

Hi,

Wonder if you can help me.

I have a compaq presario mdoel 5146ea internet pc running windows me with 256mb ram.

I currently have installed a Geforce2 MX / MX400 Graphics Card. I recently downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia (45.23) but am having problems in installation.

After disabling my firewall and antivirus, and ensuring that no other applications are running in the background, I attempted to install the update. However, after the progress bar goes up to 9% I get an error message on a white screen stating that there is an error in ikernel and that the program will now close. Clicking on clsoe I get the error message "ikernel caused an error in setupx.dll" and then a final message stating that an error occured while launching the setup and that the rmeote procedure call failed.

Help!!!

Alien463

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:01 29 Aug 03

Sounds like the download was corrupted somehow,try reinstaling the drivers you had in the first place to get you back to normal then either redownload the drivers or stick with what u had.I dont think the 45.23 are that good i had problems with them after install so i went back to what i had,your choice.

Regards.

Chegs ® 12:39 29 Aug 03

I tried the 45.23 driver,and games that were running smoothly started crashing/stuttering so I returned to 44.03.I also get higher benchmark scores with the older driver.Your problem might be due to 45.23 being for DX9/AGP 8x(I think?)

Wes Tam ;-) 12:54 29 Aug 03

I too had problems after downloading 45.23 and reverted to 44.03.

Paranoid Android 13:07 29 Aug 03

You can download 44.03 from the NVidia web site click here

Marvin

Paranoid Android 13:08 29 Aug 03

Correction click here

Marvin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…