Nvidia graphics driver error

Trev.P 10:07 23 Mar 06

I received a message frim Microsoft following an error report to say there was a problem with the graphics driver.It suggested a download to rectify this which i duly did.However the install shield wizard comes up with an error
(-5006:0x8000fff) and fails to complete the installation.I also get a similar error when i try to install musicmatch jukebox.The nvidia file is C:\nvidia\win2kxp\71.89 I have recently done a full install from original packard bell software which worked fine.pc is packard bell imedia 60gb hd 512 ram if this helps.
Any ideas ?please help

Audeal 11:10 23 Mar 06

Which Graphics Card do you have.

Trev.P 12:16 23 Mar 06

Nvidia g force2 integrated GPU is that any help?

Audeal 13:26 23 Mar 06

Mine is a Gforce FX 5200 and I just downloaded a new driver for it so I don't think I can help you as I do not know anything about this particular Graphics Card. Sorry I can't help more.

ACOLYTE 13:31 23 Mar 06

Did you try to uninstall the old driver before installing the new one? somtimes this is needed for the nvidea drivers to install correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…