nvidia graphics download installation

Ted-319069 23:13 16 Jun 05

Having suffered two ME re-formats and the consequential grafting in updating I am feeling nervous about nvidia's instructions in updating my graphic s/w. They advise that prior to installing the relevent update I should completely remove the existing drivers using the 'Add/Remove' method. At this point a stern warning appears telling me that I am about to permanently change registry settings!!! Am I being unnecessarily concerned? Previously I feel sure that I simply loaded the s/w!
Loftycapn

User-312386 00:48 17 Jun 05

yes delete all previous software and use drive cleaner Pro click here in safe mode

When all instances of the Driver are removed go install in Normal mode

Stuartli 09:32 17 Jun 05

The drivers will be uninstalled but you should retain any profiles that you have created in the Desktop Manager when you install the latest drivers.

Ted-319069 22:02 20 Jun 05

Managed to remove all the relevant s/w but in trying to install much later drivers (inc the latest for ME) still leaves me with graphic instability. However the original driver dated 13/12/2000 although vintage works well! So I will call it a day on this one and stop whilst I have a working system.
One other oddity is that I can't get my camera/card reader (photo images) to work properly despite reinstalling the relevant s/w!
Also I am apparently missing some files eg NTKERN.VXD? I mention this in case of some relationship to using vintage graphic s/w.
Thanks to all for your help
Loftycapn

Joe R 22:05 20 Jun 05

loftycapn,

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…