Nvidia Graphics Board - What is this Socket

PAE 09:08 07 Jan 04

I have a spare White Socket on the back of my MX440 8X graphics board. can anyone tell me what it is for. The manual supplied (ha ha) tells me absolutely nothing about the board.

Thanks

Jester2K 09:15 07 Jan 04

Does it look like this one click here

Do you mean the White DVI socket on the face plate? For plugging into a DVI monitor or TFT Screen. You can get a convertor to change it to a "normal" (VGA) one so you can have two VGA monitors running at the same time.

Sir Radfordin 09:28 07 Jan 04

On J2K's image the ports are (left to right)

1) DVI

2) S-Video

3) VGA

PAE 16:22 07 Jan 04

Two monitors! Do they both show the same screen or can I run two different programmes at the same time. Also what is the converter called. Thanks

Jester2K 22:03 07 Jan 04

You can run the two monitors side by side for a "widescreen" effect. Yes you can run two programs at once...

I think the convertor is called a DVI-VGA Convertor (or "Dongle" although a Dongle is really something else....)

Looks like this click here

Make sure you get a MALE DVI end and a FEMALE VGA end. The MALE end has pins, the FEMALE has the pin receptors. ;-)

PAE 09:16 08 Jan 04

Thanks I now know what it is and how I can use it. it will be useful to have two screens at times especially when using a new programme. I can have the programme on one screen and the manual on another. At present i am using two PCs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…