Nvidia Geforce4 mx 440 graphics card

thesut 18:56 03 Aug 05

i have installed a game for my daughter and the game makes the pc shut down the microsoft information box that appears to say there has been a serios error says there could be a problem with my graphics card 2 other games i installed today worked fine both needed direct x which is installed ANY IDEAS PLEASE

Diemmess 19:02 03 Aug 05

Games (some of them) as you realise test the power of your PC to the limit. A few are just badly written.

I suggest that the problem lies with that particular game and not anything you have done/not done.

thesut 19:16 03 Aug 05

I should add this is the 2nd game that has not worked recently with the same feedback from microsoft but as i said 2 others work ok

Diemmess 20:07 03 Aug 05

Have you tried a different, say 800x600 resolution before running these games?

woodchip 20:16 03 Aug 05

turn down the settings on the game it may be too much for the card

woodchip 20:18 03 Aug 05

turn down the settings on the game it may be too much for the card

sidecar sid 21:15 03 Aug 05

If your not allready using them try downloading and installing the latest drivers for your card.

Assuming you are using Windows XP

click here

Save it to your desktop.

Next Right click my computer.

select properties.

Click on the hardware tab and select device manager.

On the list expand display adapters click on your graphics card select the drivers tab and click on uninstall.

Follow the on screen prompts but when it tells you to reboot youy PC click on no then shut it down as normal.

Reboot your PC.

Cancell the install new hardware wizard if it pops up and install the driver by double clicking on the desktop

harps1h 22:17 03 Aug 05

as a matter of interest what is the game.

thesut 23:35 03 Aug 05

the game is Robots the other that didn,t work was barbie riding adventure

PsiFox 11:02 04 Aug 05

What is the spec on the box for the game?
Does it say DX9.0 or 9c.

The mx440 range is not compatible with this version and this may be your problem

thesut 19:03 05 Aug 05

At last ihave sorted it out. Hidden among the Nvidia settings i found an update driver button and that seems to have fixed it thanks everyone for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…