NVidia FX5600 Personal Cinema remote

Boluwd 11:56 09 Oct 03

My new Mesh (WinXP) came with the NVidia GeForce FX 5600 Personal Cinema card. It also has the flashy remote control. I have set up the TV tuner and it uses Intervideo WinDVR and everything is great. BUT..the remote control just will not work on the TV mode. If I choose music, it loads Win Media Player and the play/stop etc buttons work fine. Even the mouse simulating buttons work ok....it's just the TV mode. If I press the DVR button, intervideo WinDVR opens and the TV auto tunes and a picture is seen but then all the button functions ie. channel +/-, volume, TXT etc won't work. Has anyone out there got one of these set ups and can offer advice? I've looked on the NVidia site which is pretty naff really.

Boluwd 16:44 09 Oct 03

bump..anyone?

Boluwd 00:05 10 Oct 03

I take that as a "NO" then!

alvin 20:04 30 Oct 03

Just purchased same computer. Have the same problem.Have tried reinstall, still the same.

Boluwd 22:31 30 Oct 03

Snap! If you find a fix for it let us know. I've got networking problems to sort now...much more fun!

alvin 20:54 31 Oct 03

will do

Boluwd 23:08 16 Feb 04

I've still not found a way to do this!
Anyone else with this set up? Any joy , Alvin?

MESH Support 09:11 17 Feb 04

Sorry, I think the forums weren't monitored as much back when you first posted this and we must have missed it somewhere.

But now we have a second chance....

When you select the the TV option, keep the button held down until the application starts on-screen. Once this is done, the remote is then told it is dealing with that particular application until it closes down. The buttons will then work.

If for any reason you still have difficulty with this, please drop me a line including your order number and screen-name(Bol Uwd) to [email protected]

Davey

Mesh Support

Boluwd 16:37 17 Feb 04

Mesh technical support e mailed instructions which solved the problem. Basically it was a case of uninstalling and then reinstalling the NvRemote files from the Personal Cinema CD.

Three cheers for Mesh.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…