Nvidia error message computer restarts

barside 08:47 02 Jul 07

On starting up and trying to go into any program the computer restarts. No 'blue screen' message appears. However on one occasion I managed to send error details and it took me to a link saying that had something to do with graphics card and there is no patch. There were two links one to microsoft and another to Nvidia. When I click them it restarted.

recap 09:39 02 Jul 07

This could be a virus or trojan. Boot in to safe mode and run both on your system doing a deep scan of both your antivirus and malware programs.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 10:02 02 Jul 07

also check that all power leads are still in good contact with the graphics card, and try reseating it.

barside 20:56 03 Jul 07

In safe mode tried the deep scan - windows onelive security. Didnt find anything but for that evening computer worked OK. Tonight it failed again - same problem. If it runs in safe mode am I correct in assuming it's a software problem not hardware? Any other ideas? Not too good with the insides of the machine but will have ago at admans suggestion. Thanks for your help

citadel 22:35 03 Jul 07

try the latest certified driver for your card from nvidea. look at the installation hints at the nvidea site.

barside 22:21 04 Jul 07

Citadel thanks for the advice. I downloaded their beta driver v162.15 as my driver seemed upto date anyway. This has worked however then went back to the nvidia website and they seem to have withdrawn the driver? Not sure what to do now. Leave til it goes wrong again?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced