Nvidia Drivers.

ribo 12:13 11 Jun 07

I have a Nvidia Gforce MX440 with AGP8X, graphics card.
Whenever I open Roxio Creator,I get a message saying that the Grphics card needs updated drivers. I have been to the Nvidia drivers site but cannot see my card listed.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please.
Also I am finding that the Roxio program takes an age to open and do anything. Could this be the Graphics card and if so can anyone suggest a better,more up to date, card that would fir my Asus A7N8X notherboard. Thanks.

keef66 12:25 11 Jun 07

nvidia use the same drivers for all their cards, so don't worry about finding one for your specific model.

Just pick the latest Forceware drivers for your operating system

Batch 12:35 11 Jun 07

keef66 is right.

Just go to: click here

In the first box select Graphics Drivers, in the second box select GeForce 4 Series (for example) and in the 3rd box select your OS.

keef66 12:35 11 Jun 07

Looking on the Nvidia site, click Driver downloads, then in the 3 boxes where it says Start Here choose graphics driver / GeForce 4 series / Windows XP/2000.

It should take you to Forceware release 90, version 93.71
Choose the English UK version; it is 61.4mb, so you'll need broadband or a bit of patience.

You might want to read the Driver Installation Hints Doc before going ahead with the install.

keef66 12:36 11 Jun 07

Batch beat me to it!!

ribo 13:56 11 Jun 07

Thank you all very much for your help.
Sorry to be such a nuisance, I have downloaded the drivers,but have not installed them yet.
It tells me to remove ,in the add/remove window.
"nvidia Windows display drivers ot Nvidia display drivers" I have 3 entries. (1) Nvidia audio drivers (2) nividia Nforce utilities and (3) windows 2000/XP nforce drivers. Which one do I remove Please. I presume it will be the 3rd one,but want to make doubly sure.
It also tells me to stop the AV prog. from running. How do I do this. I have AVG. I can quit the conrol panel,but does this stop the prog. from running? Thanks again J

keef66 14:32 11 Jun 07

Now I'm confused; Nforce generally refers to an Nvidia motherboard chipset. Don't remove those.

Can you check in Device manager which driver the graphics card is currently using?
R click My Computer / manage / device manager / display adapter, should see MX440, R click / properties / driver.

To shut down AVG, right click it's icon in the notification area, choose exit or close and OK.
I may be stating the obvious, but don't go on the internet without it running though.

brundle 14:36 11 Jun 07

spot on keef66, the a7n8x has the nforce2 chipset

ribe;
remove `windows 2000/XP nforce drivers`

brundle 14:40 11 Jun 07

Ribo; just to make sure i have covered the possibility; when you select NForce drivers, you will be shown a list of devices, including Display Drivers - only tick Display drivers and then click remove.
The reason you don't have an NVidia Display Drivers entry in Add/Remove is that you are just using the generic display drivers or ones that came with the chipset driver.

ribo 15:59 11 Jun 07

What have I done!!.
I removed the drivers (windows 2000/XP Nforce Drivers.) Did not get a list of devices, but it did say this will remove the dispaly drivers, so I clicked yes.
I then went to install the drivers I had already downloaded . Got so far and then a message saying "Can not find any drivers compatible with your system" and it closed. I was left with no disply drivers and I did not know how to get them back. I did a System Restore and thankfully ,all is well, but I do not have any different Drivers.
The drivers I am currently using are as stated in Device Manager is
Nvidia Gforce MX440 with AGP8X, Microsoft Corporation.
When I click on details it shows.
C:\Windows \system 32\ drivers\nv4_mini sys. and
C:\windows\system 32\drivers\nv4disp.dll
I do not know what went wrong,I followed your instructions. J

brundle 16:42 11 Jun 07

Have you installed the most recent chipset drivers or just the ones that came on CD with your motherboard;
You should have these; click here

Blurb from Roxio; click here

Your card is based on Geforce 2 ; the product sheet states full support for DirectX8.1, Roxio is complaining because it is looking for hardware that supports DirectX9.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017