NVidia drivers

joe95 17:56 12 Sep 05

MyPC is 2yrs old and I wonderedif thre were any new drivers for my Nvidia Geforce MX440 with AGP8X. I have been to Nvidia site but couldn't figure anything out.
Could someone help me out pease.
Thanks

Chegs ® 17:59 12 Sep 05

The latest NVidia is(was)77.77.I have these,but each visit to Updates site has M$ offering 43.45 as a newer driver?

joe95 18:08 12 Sep 05

Thanks Chegs but can't find 77.77.1 t Nvid site wil it be at MS DOWNLOAD?

grabster 18:24 12 Sep 05

Hi, here is the link for the latest nvidia driver, now at v. 78.01
click here

i havent tried it yet cos my fx5600 doesnt like the last few driver upgrades, they work ok but GTA SA is not playable so i just leave things as they are .

researcher 22:24 12 Sep 05

Newer driver updates may adversely affect some games performance with older graphics cards.

Try updating by one or two versions at a time to see how it affects your favourite game and roll-back to the previous version if it does.

Stuartli 22:34 12 Sep 05

Supported nVidia graphics chipsets are detailed for the latest version at:

click here

At one time nVidia drivers, IIRC, always used to be backwards compatible....:-)

Tenacious Green 22:39 12 Sep 05

I have just updated as a result of this post, then noticed after installation I had installed the US - English version. Should I have installed the International version? There is a size difference. Is that just the additional Languages?

BTW everything seems to be OK.

Pooke 22:41 12 Sep 05

It will be fine.

Pooke

Tenacious Green 22:41 12 Sep 05

Oh and I meant to add that it was not recognised by Windows as signed. I thought all NVIDIA drivers were?

Tenacious Green 22:42 12 Sep 05

Many Thanks I thought so but wanted to check.

Stuartli 22:51 12 Sep 05

You'll probably find this TweakGuides guide to configuring nVidia drivers etc of interest:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…